“The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.”
So far I’ve shared with you my thoughts on the following subjects:
• Having the courage to take risks even when you’re scared
• Volunteering for leadership instead of waiting to be appointed
• Being the type of leader that you’d like to follow
• Taking the steps to become a better leader
• And taking those steps now, not later
The consistent ingredient in all of the tips thus far is “You.” My personal belief is that leadership is more the story of you than it is about anyone whose story you’ll read in the newspapers or the history books. So if you’ve begun working on your leadership knowledge, skills, and abilities, then you’ve probably made a mistake or two.
The quote above in this case is not about forgiving others. That will be a tip for another day. Right now the quote about forgiveness is meant for you. As a leader, you will make mistakes. That is one promise I can make to you. When it happens, acknowledge it quickly. Then forgive yourself and lead on. You might discover that forgiving others is a lot easier when you learn to forgive yourself.
Mr. Mike Walsh